Monday, February 15, 2010

Review: My Soul To Take/My Soul To Save

This will be kind of a double review of both My Soul To Take and My Soul To Save by Rachel Vincent, since I read them back to back and see no point in making two posts.


The plot and concept of these books is something I've not seen in any other book, and I really like that. The idea of "Soul Screamers" is pretty original, and definitely held my interest. In My Soul To Take, I found it a bit hard to get into at first and fit some pieces together. But by the end of the book when I understood the ideas a bit more, I was totally intrigued by them and left wanting more. I did enjoy the first book slightly more than the second, but that's not to say that the second wasn't entertaining. I just liked the feel of MSTT better, getting to know Kaylee's family and all of the mystery that encompassed the whole book. MSTS had a bit of a different feel to it, and was more focused on one goal. Kaylee and Nash's relationship was fun to read about as well, and I can't wait to see what happens with them. Overall, I really like this series and the elements in it, and can't wait to read the third book.

Characters: 8/10
Plot: 7/10
Originality: 9/10
Writing: 8/10
Overall grade: B

No comments: