Friday, June 5, 2009

48 Hour Book Challenge!

I just found out about the 48 Hour Book Challenge and have spontaneously decided to join in. I can't promise that anything spectacular will happen, as I'm not sure what else will be taking up my time this weekend. I do know that with school having ended today though, that I definitely need to start reading some more. I think this is a great way to start that! So I'll see what kind of damage I can manage to do in the next 48 hours.

I have officially started as of 3:45 PM on Friday. :)

This will be my first time participating in anything like this, but woohoo, I'm excited!

6 comments:

Kerri said...

Good luck with your reading. I got 3 hours in last night, and I'm 2 down today.

Ms. Yingling said...

It takes a while to figure out how to arrange your weekend for this sort of challenge. My family thinks I have gotten a little carried away this year! Good luck.

Unknown said...

Hi Bri! This is only my second readathon thingy. Good luck!

PS I love your blog design - the purple and green look great!

Carol H Rasco said...

Good for you, Bri! I hope you are still having fun with the Challenge. This is my first one as well...I am getting so many good ideas for books to enjoy in the coming months. Happy reading!

Saints and Spinners said...

I'm glad that this year's challenge is focusing on hours read as opposed to books/pages read. I was galloping along this afternoon and not really enjoying what I was reading, because I thought, "When will I get this chance again?" and then realized that maybe wasn't the point. So, I savored this evening's book. I'm glad you're taking part in the challenge! See you at the finish line.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I hope you are enjoying your reading weekend. I am not going for the big prizes, just enjoying putting a little extra time into my books and still taking care of the family. It's nice to dedicate that time for something I love so much but often put aside. Good luck to you!