Saturday, May 9, 2009

In My Mailbox (5/4 - 5/9)

I still think the mail is being really slow lately. Either that, or people aren't really sending me things when they say they are. Hmm... Needless to say, I had a slow week. But that's alright because I've still got a ton to catch up on, and I'm really excited about the two books that I did get :)


Beauty Queen
Linda Glovach

I felt the prick of the needle, but only for a second, because this great rush of warmth quickly followed, encompassing my whole body from my toes right up to the top hair on my head. I couldn't move for a minute as she guided the needle in and out of my vein. When she was done, I felt like I had entered heaven. I looked in the mirror and felt beautiful, confident. I felt this great peace, at last, a warmth, and I knew that everything was going to be okay- and really always had been. Like time had stopped and I was floating on a cloud.




***************************************


Something, Maybe
Elizabeth Scott

Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showcasing photos of pretty girls and his party lifestyle all over the Internet, and her mom was once one of her dad's girlfriends and is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for way too long, Hannah has mastered the art of staying under the radar...and that's just how she likes it.

Of course, that doesn't help her get noticed by her crush. Hannah's sure that gorgeous, sensitive Josh is her soul mate. But trying to get him to notice her; wondering why she suddenly can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn; and dealing with her parents make Hannah feel like she's going crazy. Yet she's determined to make things work out the way she wants -- only what she wants may not be what she needs....

Once again, Elizabeth Scott has created a world so painfully funny and a cast of characters so heartbreakingly real that you'll love being a part of it from unexpected start to triumphant finish.

18 comments:

Lianne said...

I am a huge Elizabeth Scott fan!

Anonymous said...

I have heard of both books and they look good. Infact, I have the Elizabeth Scott one. I hope you enjoy them!

Rebecca said...

Awesome books, they both sound quite interesting. Enjoy.

susan said...

Slow weeks are a great time to catch up. Happy reading.

Nancy said...

Both of those books look amazing. I enjoy Elizabeth Scott's books and Beauty Queen has got my attention

Busy Bookblogger said...

Something, Maybe is a really fun read- enjoy! :)

Reverie said...

beauty queen looks intense.
cant wait to see what you think

Adele said...

OMG you have Something Maybe? COlour me green and slap me on the back. I love EScott!

Fantastic Book Review said...

I had a slow week too. I have quite a few books on my list, when I get ready to order some, I always find myself saying "I can't wait," I have so many books I have not read yet. Happy Reading!

Letter Garden said...

The cover of 'Beauty Queen' looks scary!!! °_°

Amelia said...

Every time I go to the bookstore, I pick up Something,Maybe and read the jacket. I'm going to have to buckle and buy it!

cat said...

That Beauty Queen cover is creepy. Am I the only one who thinks it's creepy? *shudder*

Everyone is raving about Something, Maybe.. I didn't think it would be a book that interested me, but I might just have to give it a chance. ;)

Anonymous said...

I haven't read either novels, but I've heard good things about both of them. Happy reading.

wdebo said...

Wow great week!

Beauty Queen looks scary but really good

And

Something,Maybe wow, you're so lucky! I really want to read it!

Wdebo :)

Test said...

Something, Maybe was so good! I can't wait to see what you think about it.

prophecygirl said...

Something, Maybe is very good. Hope you like it!

the story siren said...

what a creepy cover.... and Elizabeth Scott is fantastic! Hope you like Something, Maybe! Happy reading!

Laina said...

I didn't love Beauty Queen myself. Can't wait to see what you think!